Friday, February 4, 2011

Not a Mommy Blog?

Hopefully. But I guess we'll just see about that. There are two driving forces behind my resurrecting my bloginess ("blog" is still your worst invented word, Internet):

1) I'm a writer. I am! I swear! I may have epically failed at NaNoWriMo this year and I may have left my Lit/Writing degree a distant 4+ years in the past, but it is my passion. So I am ambitiously claiming this as the end of my writing dry spell. No turning back. Unless I feel like it.

2) I'm knocked up. Nothing like having a kumquat in your pudding to motivate you to better yourself. My little fetus monster (we call her The Ginger Ninja because she has mad skills and I'm hoping for a redhead) punches and roundhouse kicks me all day every day as if to say, "I can already tell you suck at remembering to take pictures and upload them. I'm not even holding out hope for an awesome baby book, so how about you clear out some internet space for me before I get here?" Well, Ninja, it's taken me almost 30 gestational weeks to get the ball rolling on this, so I would say, expect the birth announcements to go out with your wedding invitations. To save on postage.

So, like I said. Hopefully not an insufferable mommyblog. But my goings on may be so Ninja focused that it turns into a bit of that. Ooops! I'm one of those people now.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! It's Brandy. I failed epically at NaNoWriMo this year too. I guess there's next year, but I don't know that an infant is gonna' make it any easier. :P

    ReplyDelete